Microsoft Modifications - What’s New in Dynamics 365 Sales
Dynamics 365 Sales is part of the batch of apps that Microsoft revamped last October. What new bells and whistles will allow sellers to close more opportunities? Continuing our series on the latest changes in the Microsoft ecosystem, here’s what’s new in Dynamics 365 Sales. Here are 5 new app features:
What’s Dynamics 365 Sales?
Before we move on, let’s take a look at Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 Sales app. It allows sales professionals to develop strong relationships with their clients. It allows them to make decisions backed by data to close sales more quickly. For example, this application will allow your sales team to:
- Create and update your prospects, accounts, and contacts
- Track sales opportunities from prospecting to invoicing
- Create lists and marketing campaigns
- Follow up on incidents linked to accounts
- Have a 360-degree view of accounts
1. Personalize your application
Since October, you can personalize your app. Dynamics 365 Sales being a model driven app, you can modify it according to your daily needs. Besides adding or removing some fields, you can now:
- Add fields like Profit Margin or Winning Product in the Close as Won window of the Opportunity entity
- Add fields like Competitive Advantage in the Close as Lost form of the Opportunity entity
- Introduce new client-side business validations or delete existing ones.
- Personalize the Opportunity Close entity
- Choose between the non-customizable modal dialogue experience (default setting) and the customizable form experience
- Allow salespeople to close an opportunity via the desktop or mobile application and provide the relevant details required by their organization to close it
2. Easily create multiple product lines
Dynamics 365 Sales now allows you to create a variety of items in a single opportunity. After all, creating multiple product lines can be a repetitive task. But this task is now simplified thanks to the new Create and Add feature. Salespeople can easily add new products to an opportunity. This improved efficiency saves time that can then be spent on more important tasks. In addition:
- Salespeople can add an existing product to an opportunity, a quote, an order, or an invoice, with or without a price list
- Administrators can choose whether or not to impose a price list selection
- Salespeople can quickly view and edit product properties
- Administrators can use additional customization options on the entity of the price list items
3. Create leads
The app allows you to qualify leads by giving you the option to create an account, a contact, or an opportunity. This allows your sales representatives to qualify prospects and move quickly to the next stage of the sales cycle. They will also be able to sort them by account, contact, and/or opportunity. It all depends on the settings configured by the administrator for the lead generation experience.
4. Integrate Teams
New integrations are possible in Dynamics 365 Sales. For example, you can now integrate Teams in the app. Therefore, you will be able to create connections and channels with collaborators via your app. Whether it’s through group chat, online meetings, calls or web conferences, you’ll stay connected with your team.
5. Make calls via the app
Besides Teams, you can also integrate a softphone software. It is a simple and seamless way to call customers from within the Dynamics 365 Sales app. The Channel Integration Framework allows you to integrate a dialler and quickly call your contacts via the app. The app will capture communications as phone call activity in Dynamics 365 Sales.
In short, the 5 new features will allow you to unlock the full sales potential of the app. To take advantage of changes and additions across all Microsoft applications and tools, read the other articles in this series. Do you have questions about implementing your transition? Contact our team to get personalized advice.